Thursday, February 19, 2015

Jumping on the Bandwagon.... Finally!

So, I have been considering starting a blog for quite a while now.  God knows there is enough in my head to fill up a blog, or a book for that matter!

What's on my mind today?  A news story I saw on The Today Show about a woman who wrote an essay about being fat and happy.  I TOTALLY get what she is saying!  Skinny is hard!  I had to KILL myself to lose 80 lbs.  I was happy to be able to fit into cute clothes that were actually trendy.  It was also great to be able to do things with my kids like going on long walks, roller blading, going down waterslides (because when I was fat you couldn't pay me enough to do that)!  There were also draw backs to my healthy, skinny life.  I had people in my house angry with me for not having junk food in the house.  I didn't buy it because if I did I would eat it!  I decided enough was enough on a weekend of camping when my kids ganged up on me and told me they wished I was fat again.  They missed going out for ice cream, having junk food in the house, etc...  They said that I was "more fun" when I was fat.  I eased up on things and before I knew it I gained 40 lbs. back!  I am heavier and unhappy with my appearance... again!  There is definitely a certain level of happiness and freedom that comes from living more carefree, but there are also many drawbacks too!  I'm sad when I go shopping!  I hate that it is so hard to find cute clothes.  I have a love/hate relationship with food.  I feel the weight on my body too!  My joints are sore.  Working out is hard.

There is a point to all my ramblings.... There is misery being fat and misery being skinny.  The key is balance!  I am working on my weight again, however I'm not going crazy and eliminating all things tasty (aka: bad for you) from my diet.  I try to give myself some sort of guilty pleasure everyday or every other day.  Last night I indulged in 8 butterfinger bites for 190 calories.  I was still within my calorie goal for the day and my craving was satisfied!  I am not losing massive amounts of weight on a weekly basis.  I am losing about a pound a week.  But I AM LOSING!  Yay!  I have energy again!  I feel great!  Isn't that the goal.

Thanks for reading!  Here is the link to the story that was on The Today Show.  http://www.today.com/health/meet-joni-edelman-mom-5-who-says-im-much-happier-2D80500771

No comments:

Post a Comment